Saturday, August 23, 2008

Swedish Knot Orange Buns-Posted by Natalie

Well I got this recipe back in 10th grade foods class. I decided to make them the other day and boy were they yummy!

Serves: 4 (double or triple the recipe for family or entertaining)

  • 8 texas Rhodes dinner rolls (thawed)....FYI: I used the regular sized dinner rolls for some, and they were a lot smaller than the texas rolls.
  • grated peel of 1 orange (save for juice) **side note, this was hilarious. Aaron was helping me grate the orange. He asked if he was done with the orange, and I thought he meant for the peel purposes, so I said yes. Next thing I hear this huge slurping and look and see a big smile on his face as he had practically gulped down the entire orange in literally 2 secs. I hurry and tell him, "Wait, I need the orange for fresh juice!!!" I was able to save 1/4 of the orange. We laughed so so hard!! He said the orange was just so delicious! **
  • 1/2 C Sugar
  • 2 T melted butter
Citrus Glaze:
  • 1 C powdered sugar
  • 1 T melted butter
  • 2 T fresh orange juice (from orange)
METHOD:
  • Grate orange rind (you better do this yourself if you have a hungry husband around, he he ) and mix with sugar.
  • Knead 2 thawed rolls together into a 12 inch strip. Tie each strip into an overhang knot and make a loop. Put one end of dough through center and the other end of dough through the center on the opposite side (just make them look pretty..sorry if it doesn't make sense, I was 15 yrs old).
  • Dip roll carefully in melted butter then coat heavily with rind and sugar mixture.
  • Place on greased baking sheet. Pre heat oven to 170', then TURN OFF OVEN. Place rolls in oven for 20-25 mins until they have doubled in size.
  • Turn oven on to 350' and bake for 20-25 mins.
  • Remove, let cool on rack, then frost with citrus glaze.

0 comments: