Monday, October 27, 2008

Great Harvest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

I got this recipe from our neighbors. If any of you have been to Great Harvest, you know how amazing their breads are! I haven't tried this yet, but I'm sure it's awesome!

  • 2 ½ C. White flour
  • 1 C. whole wheat flour
  • 3 C. sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 16 oz. cooked or canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
  • 1 C. oil
  • 4 eggs, beaten lightly
  • 2/3 C. water
  • 1 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Pre heat oven to 350’ F. Grease two (9x5”) loaf pans or three (8x4”) loaf pans. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl; set aside. Mix pumpkin, oil, eggs, and 2/3 C water together and stir into dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Place batter in prepared pans. Bake 60 or 70 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

0 comments: