I actually got this one from Mom a long time ago, I guess she forgot all about it. It's very easy and tasty!
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped or sliced thin
1 green pepper, chopped
2 c. tomatoes w/ their juice (or 1 large diced tomato w/ 1 can tomato sauce)
*I used 1 can diced tomatoes w/ 1 can tomato sauce and it worked great
1/2 tsp. salt (if you're like me, I never add additional table salt to anything it still works)
Pinch of pepper (or lots more-freshly ground pepper is the best)
oregano and/or basil to taste
12 oz pkg. Rigatoni noodles
mozzarella and parmesan cheese
Method:
- Brown the ground beef. Season to taste. Add green pepper, onion, and tomatoes and cook over med. heat until veggies are soft. Stir in tomato sauce, salt/pepper, and oregano/basil and let simmer 5 mins.
- Cook Rigatoni noodles in water w/ 1 TB cooking oil (i use olive oil-good taste and better for you) until soft.
- Place 1/2 of meat-veggie mixture on bottom of a greased 9x13" pan. Top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Place Rigatoni noodles on top. Top w/ remaining sauce and more mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Place in 350' oven. Bake only long enough to melt the cheeses. Enjoy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment