Pesto, Bacon, Mozzarella and Tomato
Here is what you need:
Ciabatta bread, I buy mine at Wal-mart in the bakery section.
mayonnaise
my Mom's pesto recipe
6 slices, fresh cooked bacon, crumbled
fresh mozzarella, sliced ( I didn't have fresh, still good)
tomatos, sliced
Cut Ciabatta bread in half length wise. Broil for a couple minutes until the edges are lightly toasted. Layer the bread in the following way, thin layer of mayonnaise, pesto recipe (see below), crumbled bacon, fresh mozzarella slices, lastly sliced tomato's. Cut and Enjoy!!!
My Mom's Pesto Recipe:
2 cloves garlic
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves (2 store bought containers of basil)
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts or any kind of nut just not peanuts--I use almonds. Pine nuts are my Fav. but almonds are cheaper.
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I use fresh, well like in the bag fresh, not the container)
In a blender add all ingredients, blend until smooth. Makes one generous cup. Use the extra on pasta, hamburgers, crackers, foccicia bread etc. YUM!
I should add that I like salt so I add a pinch of salt to the recipe.
0 comments:
Post a Comment